Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Birthday Gift Idea's......












My 8 year old had TWO birthday parties last saturday....sheesh...TWO!!! I am a SAHM and my husband is a High School Teacher...we get paid ONCE a month and it was a BUSY month...nearing the END of the month, so what is left of my 'budget $' I really didn't want to spend on friend parties (over all it was the 4th one in that week!!!!) SO, I have a TON of memo notebooks on hand and found MONTHS ago a cute little gift idea for the mini clip board. They took me aprox. 1 hour per set to make...SO much FUN! The covered notebooks quickly became a darling journal (the first one was with same paper...just done differently...but I was late so I didn't get a picture of it...) The idea for the Journal came from a scrap retreat I attended about 5ish years ago (I think...Tammy can you remember when we did these? Anyone?) Anyway...just measure the parts you want covered, cut out your paper (back is covered but not the inside) then decorate as desired....the "K" is the inital of the friend who recieved this gift. I use modge podge to glue everything down and my fun little sanding block (ctmh) to clean up the edges before inking. As for the cute little clip board (I do NOT remember where I found this idea. I have seen it many times over the last year of my blog lurking. Because I don't remember where I found the Idea i just want to make it clear...it isn't MINE!) By using a 4x4 square of chip board, modge podge and paper WHALA...you have a fun little gift! For the clip I meausured it, cut my peice of paper (i believe it is 1" x 2 1/2", but don't take my word for it...take a piece of ribbon and measure it then cut your paper) I then modge podged the ribbon to the clip and tied a piece of ribbon around the top (lifting one clip so it stays up...). The clip board will hold half of a regular stack of sticky notes, of which I stamped a little design on random pages and left a Birthday message...(beats a card...ran out of time! lol!). On this set I used the "Out West" stamp set (CTMH). All items are CTMH product (except for the MODGE PODGE! lol!)

Items Used:
*paper from "Tickled Pink" special
*Cocoa and Tulip ribbon
*Out West Stamp Set
*Big Blooms Flower (cut in half)
*Twilight covered brad
FUN! FUN!

No comments: