Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering.....


I didn't lose someone I love, I didn't know anyone who did....
But I will not ever forget the way I felt that day......where I
was, what I was doing.... I was 8 months pregnant with
my 2nd child....My then 1 1/2 year old had, had a rough night
and so I had ended up in bed with him...Rhett came screaming into the family room, turning on the T.V. adamant that we we under attack...and right he was! Like many Americans, I was GLUED to my TV for days in hopes they would find survivors....there was so much sadness...so many questions....so many tears for people I didn't know but ached for....for a minute we as Americans were united....that now I feel has been lost :( The war on Terror is a noble cause...I believe in it...I hate it...but I believe in it. Many of our young men and women joined the United Forces to fight the big fight...my brother being one of them. He is currently home and has been for 18 months...I am so proud of him and the sacrifices he has made to serve. I do however, have 1 cousin serving in Afghanistan, and another on his way as an Independent Worker (organizes city councils and stuff!) So much has happened the last 8 years...life goes on....but I will not ever forget that day! May God be with those of you who were there and felt ever brick fall. Hang your flag America in Honor of those from 9-11-01 "Attack on America"......

No comments: